Monday, January 18, 2010

I can hardly believe myself.... I do tell my students all the time that the more they do... the better they get.... practice makes perfect... whether it is basketball, golf, or drawing (and you may recall I want to do more sketches myself) .....and I know that I am living proof both with my BYOB line and with my Kjaer Pottery .... I cannot believe that I refused to look at a sewing machine all of my life.... and inspired only a few months ago.... I bought a machine out of the blue..... and WOW... I am loving it and getting better every day!I wanted to create something special for my mother and it began with the shawl above.... it has big pockets so that when she goes out - she can throw this on and look great - but have a place to throw her stuff.... keys.... or whatever......

I went out and got some new material - I was so inspired... and this one above was created with again... pockets... and an easy little top/jacket... to throw on and go... it is sewn a bit at the sides so that it has more structure... but can suit anyone from little wee to a big voluptuous woman... it falls beautifully and is comfortable to wear.....

Then... I really really shocked myself... did my Dad help me with this one.... as with all of my pieces - I use no pattern whatsoever and just freely cutting and attaching... I created this beautiful piece of art to wear..... it can be worn inside out, too, for a darker look.... and the arms can be folded up for 3/4 length sleeves. I am just giggly happy with this one..... it probably would be too big for some women.... at least large to XXL


This is the back of the same piece. ... I will soon download these - and more - to www.kjaerpedersen.ca and to www.bringyourownbody.etsy.com. AND - when my mother sees the selection that she inspired me to make... she will have to choose which one she really wants..... and maybe I will even iron it first... note the lack of ironing on these little masterpieces......



No comments:

Post a Comment